English Language Requirements
An English exam is required for any prospective student whose country is not considered English-speaking as per UKVI*. However, if you obtained your undergraduate degree in any English-speaking country, there may be an exception. In this instance, you must request a waiver in order to be determined by the FSSC.
- IELTS- 7.0 on each band
- TOEFL- 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), or 100 (internet-based). The University’s TOEFL code is 2864
- Password-Skills –Scoring is the same as IELTS scoring for direct entry
- C1 Advanced- A score of 186 overall is required for direct entry
- PTE Academic – A score of 85 overall is required for direct entry
*List of approved English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America
**Please note, there are entry qualifications for many countries and examination boards. Please work with your admissions officer to determine what entry qualifications and examination boards are needed from your home country.
Temporary English Test Arrangements for January 2022
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, most testing centers that offer English language proficiency tests such as IETLS and TOEFL have suspended testing in many of the countries. It is anticipated that when centers do re-open, there will be a very large backlog of tests to clear.
To enable our international applicants who are planning to join the St. George’s University School of Medicine in January 2022 to meet our admissions documents’ requirements, we will be temporarily accepting English test results by IELTS and TOEFL online.
Please visit www.ieltsindicator.com for information regarding the online version of the IELTS and TOEFL IBT Home Edition for the online version of TOEFL.
The approved English Language Test Providers for January 2022 class are:
- IELTS – No changes to the current scoring (see above)
- TOEFL – No changes to the current scoring (see above)
- Password-Skills – Scoring is the same as IELTS scoring for direct entry
- C1 Advanced (CEA) – A score of 186 overall is required for direct entry
- PTE- Academic (Pearson) – A score of 85 overall is required for direct entry
*Please note that these changes do not apply to students planning to start their studies with our partner Northumbria University in the UK.*